Mackinaw City Supercharger & Fall Colors Tour - October 16th
Join us and make your voice heard!
Come enjoy a beautiful fall day in Northern Michigan by taking a fall color tour through the scenic Tunnel of Trees, located on M-119 (Lakeshore Drive) between Harbor Springs and Cross Village. Maybe even make a weekend out of it!
We will start by meeting up at the Mackinaw City Supercharger and Rusted Spoke Brewing Company. Meet and greet fellow Tesla owners, get charged up, and have a delicious lunch and a cold one or two, such as the Spoke’s famous IPA Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself. After lunch, enjoy a scenic drive from Mackinaw City past The Headlands, Michigan’s only dark sky park (open all year – you should check it out), towards Cross Village via Lakeshore Drive. Once you arrive in Cross Village, M-119 begins and you’ll enter the Tunnel of Trees, a winding, scenic tour of resplendent fall colors from Cross Village to Harbor Springs. Along the way we’ll pass through the village of Good Hart – they have a cool little general store. We continue through Harbor Springs south on M-119 to the Petoskey Brewing Company. This marks the end of the day’s event. You are welcome to join us for a mixer or head your own way. Please enjoy alcohol responsibly. We want everyone to get home safely! A map overview is on the next page. Superchargers on the way via I-75: Auburn Hills, Bay City, Gaylord; via US-127: Lansing, Clare; via US-131: Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Big Rapids, Cadillac; via US-31: Muskegon, Ludington, Traverse City; via US-2 or M-28: Marquette, Escanaba, Sault Ste. Marie (hopefully the Soo is online by 10/16). What if I don’t own a Tesla (yet)? Did you find about this event from someone who drives a Tesla and want to learn more? We’d love to have you join us! Check out different models, ask owners questions, etc. Some folks have installed amazing wraps, cool accessories, and more.
• 11:00am – 1:00pm – meet at Rusted Spoke Brewing Co. (directly across from Mackinaw City Supercharger) – Supercharger takeover/meetup/lunch
• 1:00pm – 3:00pm – drive from Mackinaw City to Cross Village via Lakeshore Drive, then into the Tunnel of Trees, a winding 20+ mile route from Cross Village to Harbor Springs. Enjoy those fall colors!
• M-119 through the Tunnel of Trees is very narrow. Please drive carefully! There could be a lot of traffic in both directions.
• 3:00pm – end of meet-up at Petoskey Brewing Company. Hang around for a mixer with fellow Tesla owners or head your own way. If you plan on heading back home, you should easily be home before 10:00pm.
WHERE TO STAY For most folks, if you leave the Petoskey area by 3:00 or 4:00pm, you can easily be back home (even Metro Detroit or Grand Rapids) well before 10:00pm. However, if you decide to stay the night, here are a few places to check out. All have Tesla charging available. Wake up to a full charge in the morning before you head home!
• Stafford’s Crooked River Lodge, Alanson (not yet listed on Tesla map) – 1 destination charger
• Days Inn or Clarion, Mackinaw City (both adjacent to supercharger)
• Stafford’s Bay View Inn, Bay View (Petoskey) – 1 destination charger