Instructions for Speaking at the CPUC Public Meeting
1) Visit the CPUC web page with information on how to speak at one of the upcoming CPUC Voting Meetings.
2) Dial in between 15-45 min before 10:00 AM (PDT) to get into the queue for speaking. Public comments is the first thing on the agenda.
3) To make a public comment during the public comment period, call:
- 1-800-857-1917, passcode: 9899501# (English speakers)
- 1-800-857-1917, passcode: 3799627# (Spanish speakers)
4) You will then be prompted to press *1 (star one) when you wish to speak and be placed in a queue by the operator.
- Once you press *1 you will be prompted to state your name and/or organization.
- After that, you will not hear from the operator until it is your turn to speak.
- Wait times may be lengthy depending on the number of speakers.
- Participants will be placed on mute in “listen-only” mode until the public comment portion of the meeting.
5) To watch while you are on hold: www.adminmonitor.com/ca/cpuc
- To make a formal comment, you must join via the phone line.
- For captions, after clicking on the name of the meeting, click the green button below the video for captions. Then select captions by clicking on the white icon next to the word “live” at the bottom of the video.
Comments must not exceed 1 minute. We also suggest that you write it out, practice it out loud a few times, and time yourself to make sure it is 1 minute.
If you experience difficulty calling into the Public Comment line, please send an email to VotingMeetingHelp@cpuc.ca.gov or call (415) 703-5263.
When giving Public Comment
1. Be polite and respectful
- The Commissioners you’re speaking to did not write the solar tax proposal, it was written by a staffer at the agency. They are still deciding whether to adopt it.
2. State your name and where you live
3. Tell the Commissioners why the issue is important to you, in your own words
4. Request that they do not adopt the proposal for a solar tax
5. Keep your comment to 1 minute or less
You can find more information here.