Texas Legislative Update: SB 1728 Set for Senate Floor Debate This Week
Please contact your State Senator to oppose this punitive EV road tax.
Important Legislative Update -- Good News and Bad:
HB 2221, the Electric Transportation Act ($100 EV Road Tax and EV infrastructure investment: https://txetra.org/ev-bill , just passed out of the House State Affairs Committee and now it heads to the House Committee on Calendars. If you are a constituent of one of these legislators, please contact them and ask them to schedule it for House floor debate.
- Rep. Duston Burrows, Chair (R) Lubbock (512) 463-0542
- Rep. Joe Moody, VC (D) El Paso (512) 463-0728
- Rep. Tom Craddick (R) Midland (512) 463-0500
- Rep. Cody Harris (R) Hillsboro (512) 463-0730
- Rep. Cole Hefner (R) Mt. Pleasant (NE Tx) (512) 463-0271
- Rep. Ana Hernandez (D) Houston (512) 463-0614
- Rep. Ben Leman (R) Brenham (512) 463-0600
- Rep. Jared Patterson (R) Frisco (N of Dallas) (512) 463-0694
- Rep. Toni Rose (D) Dallas (512) 463-0664
- Rep. Shelby Slawson (R) Hamilton (512) 463-0628
- Rep. James Talarico (D) Round Rock (512) 463-0670
SB 1728 by Senator Schwertner, which would levy a $200 EV fee and is set for Senate floor debate this week.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR STATE SENATOR and ask them to vote no on this bill that would levy an EV Tax at least twice what an owner of a fossil-fueled vehicle would pay.